The riches of God's grace in scripture are endless. Its application to our lives is always timely. God promises that those who remain in his word will grow and thrive spiritually like a tree planted by streams of water. Find out more in...
- FaithBuilders is our basic Bible course, which covers the four key concepts of the Bible: Sin, Grace, Faith, and Works. FaithBuilders is for people interested in becoming members of Our Savior or for people just looking to build their faith through the study of the basic teachings of the Bible.
- Confirmation Class is for our seventh and eighth graders. They take part in a weekly Bible study class over about two years in preparation for acceptance as adult, confirmed members of the congregation. Confirmation class covers all the basic teachings of the Bible.
- Sunday School - Feeding Jesus' little lambs with God's Word is important to us at Our Savior. Each Sunday at 9:00 am our children study a Bible lesson.
- Adult Bible studies are offered every Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 am, Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm. These Adult Bible studies seek to further deepen our understanding of God and his Word and its application to our lives.
Christians encourage each other and build each other up through fellowship activities. Fellowship gives members the opportunity to develop the relationship we have with one another through Christ. Find out more on our...
- Friday Night Bonfires are offered about every 3 months on our property. For dinner, we grill out, have S'mores, play wiffle ball and other great outdoor games, followed by a devotion around the bonfire. It is a special evening to sit back and reflect on the amazing love and grace of our Lord and the rich blessings he has given us. Lawn chairs, warm outdoor dress, friends, and family are all welcome at these events.
- A Summer Picnic and a Christmas party are each held every year at members' homes.
- Oktoberfest - Each year we celebrate the Lutheran Reformation with a special worship service and a Oktoberfest celebration full of great German food, drink, music, games, contests, and fun for families of all ages. Not only is our Oktoberfest a great time for members to connect with one another, it's a great time for us to connect with our community as well.
- Choir - Everyone is welcome to join our church choir. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to lift your voice in song to the Lord. We practice from 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM on Sundays (right after our worship service).
As believers, Christ is at the center of everything we do. This is especially true when believers gather together for worship. Without Christ, we would have no reason to gather for worship. We would be separated from God and each other. We would cower in shame in the presence of God. But Christ, our Savior, has restored our relationship with God. This fact brings us two-fold joy. We open our hearts to receive his saving and empowering gospel. We also open our arms to offer to Christ our thanks, our lives, our everything.
This cycle of receiving from God and giving to God characterizes each of our lives. It also characterizes the way we worship when we gather together. To accomplish this, we use a form of worship that traces its roots to the apostles themselves. It’s called liturgical worship.
Christ is at the center of liturgical worship. Some parts of the liturgy stay the same each Sunday. This is to make sure that Christ is proclaimed and praised during every service. Some parts of the liturgy change every week. These changes are based on the appointed calendar of the church. This calendar makes sure that we cover the important events and teachings of Christ every year.