Why memorize God's Word?
Memorization isn’t easy for anyone. It is hard work and something that has fallen out of style in the past decade or two. So why do it?
- I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you (Psalm 119:11). Memorizing God’s Word fills your heart and mind with what it needs.
- If you memorize God’s Word, it is always with you
- Having a knowledge of Scripture will help you share your faith
- It is a great way to grow in your knowledge of what the Bible teaches, what you believe, and why you believe it
- Doing regular memory work is a proven method for helping children and adults strengthen their working memory, and it may increase crystallized intelligence, which is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience
- Kids who participate will be prepared for confirmation class
Who can participate?
Everyone is encouraged to take part! H2H isn’t just for the kids! Do it on your own and do it with your kids! This is a great way for families to grow in God’s Word as they read and memorize portions of Scripture together!
Know others who would want to join in? Tell your friends, neighbors, and anyone else you would like and challenge them to learn God's Word with you. Just click below to get started!
How do I get started?
It is real easy to get started:
- Click the button below to sign up
- You will get an email detailing how the program works, a schedule and a way to set up weekly reminders